Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Gilmore Girls and House 3/6/07

OK, this week's Gilmore Girls took a slight downturn. It was still a very good show, but it lacked the punch of the previous couple episodes, in my opinion.

I did find it rather funny how Emily kind of invited herself on Lorelai and Rory's trip to North Carolina. I was wondering why on earth they'd all go on a road trip together, but it completely makes sense the way they wrote it.

It was a little bit jarring for me to see a new Mia, though. That's only because I coincidentally watched the episode Mia was in in season 2 just a couple day ago. Kathy Baker did capture Mia pretty well, though. It still was kind of a shock, in my opinion.

I thought the whole wedding thing was nice, and a bit uncomfortable, which is how it should have been with Emily there. We all know how Emily feels about Lorelai's relationship with Mia, and I felt really bad for her.

I wasn't all that impressed with Logan in this week's episode. At least not until the end when he quit working for his father. That was nice to see, in my opinion. I'm glad he realized that the maturity he gained didn't just disappear because he made a mistake.

I really liked the very end when all the Gilmore girls were bonding over a Will Smith movie. That was just sweet. It felt like a turning point in all of their relationships.

I also thought it was sweet that Lane and Zack asked Luke to be godfather to their twins. It does seem like the perfect choice. He's the only man in town that I'd pick to be godfather to my children. I also liked how he was giving advice to Zach. He needs a parental role model, and I think Luke may be perfect.

I'm hoping that the next new episode (whenever that may be) actually shows us Lane with the babies. The end with Rory showing the pictures to Lorelai and Emily aren't going to be enough for me. Just seeing Zack and Lane with their kids could provide plenty of humor and drama. Heck, I could see a potential spin-off happening there, if the writers chose to do so.

Next up is House. First of all, who decides when new shows are going to be scheduled? Seriously, they give us one new episode, and now we have to wait another couple weeks for another new episode?! What's the point? I know it's probably just for Idol, which irks me to no end. I know I'm probably in the minority when it comes to Idol, but I couldn't care less about who wins, or the show in general. It eats up too much airtime the way it is. (I realize that this paragraph is going to get me flamed, but I don't care. I want to express my displeasure at a show eating up airtime from quality shows that should be showcased.)

Anyway, I had an inkling from the very beginning that House was only pretending to have brain cancer. I didn't think it would be just so he could get high, but it makes sense for him.

I did, however, love his code name as a patient. Luke N. Laura. How great is that?! I giggled about that for some time.

The thing I found most bizarre, though, is that Cameron, Chase, and Foreman basically neglected the patient they already had to check up on House. Now, I'm no medical professional, but that seemed to be a bit unethical to me. Yeah, I know they care about House, but he's not the patient. It's just hard for me to suspend my disbelief for that one.

I do think that this was a nice turning point episode for House, though. He may be starting to grow and want to connect more closely to people. That will probably change in the near future, though, knowing House.

I don't really have much else to say about this episode. It was good, not great, but I didn't mind watching it either. I'm still a little ticked that it's being pre-empted yet again, but there's nothing I can do about that.

Anyway, let me know what you all think. Do you think House is growing? Are you surprised that House was faking having cancer? What do you think in general? And let me know your opinions on Gilmore Girls, too. I like getting comments!

No comments: